Pages

Monday, 5 November 2012

Splinters

NaNo 2012 Participant

Don't worry, I haven't got a small piece of wood under my skin. Splinters is the working title of my new writing project. It's a science fiction novel that I'm currently writing for NaNoWriMo, in order to give it a big kick-start. Knowing me, it will end up being another three volume epic.

I've been doing a lot of planning and plotting for this project. In fact, I've been itching to start writing it for months now. I held back because I thought it would make a great challenge for NaNo, but also because I wanted to resurrect some of my older projects that had become dormant. Blood on the Rooftops, my crime novel, has now had a couple of edits. It still needs more work before I can consider any kind of publication, but I'm glad it finally started to take shape.

Later on, I'll put up some blurb and/or excerpts from Splinters here. In the mean time, feel free to put forward any plot ninjas you might have.


Update — 28-Nov-2012

As promised, here is an extract from my NaNoWriMo project…

3 comments:

Karen said...

Great title!

I'm using NaNo to motivate me to finish a previously started novel, and it's going surprisingly well so far.

Good luck with yours.

annieye said...

I love the title, Kev. I'm so excited about 'Splinters'. I feel certain you are going to be a famous sci-fi writer one day. Plotting and Planning is the way to go! Good luck.

Captain Black said...

Thanks Karen and Annie. There's an extract now available, though it's in a raw and unedited form.