Pages

Tuesday, 14 July 2009

How Not to Embed

In this article I'm going to explain how embedding works. That won't help you though, as you'll see later. First some news.

The Finishers!

This month has produced an unprecedented amount of finishers - authors who have completed one or more stages of their novels. These include, but probably aren't limited to:

Calistro, Caroline, Ellie, Helen, Karen, L-Plate Author, Rowan, Un Peu Loufoque.

Well done to all of you! I will try my best to catch up.

void citizensAdvice (void)

Has anyone ever managed to contact the Citizen's Advice Bureau and actually received a response? I've had no luck in this department. Phone constantly busy, followed eventually by a very poorly recorded, truncated message about their opening hours, followed by rude disconnection. I tried the web site and filled in a form with all me details and my question. Input accepted (as far as I could tell) with no feedback and no indication of when/if my question would be answered.

Tomorrow I think I'll try going there in person. Wish me luck.

Better Now

I nearly posted this article yesterday. Well, when I say this article, I mean one that would have taken its place. I'm so glad I didn't, as I was feeling overwhelmed with depression for various reasons which you don't want to hear about. Anyway, now my stomach bug has gone and I'm back to normal. Did someone say "yo-yo"?

Last Call for WaW 4

The fourth Wannabe a Writer meeting is this Thursday! See the other blog for details.

Meanwhile, on with the show...

Well, that's three computer related articles done. I have some ideas for more, but in the mean time: any requests?

7 comments:

liz fenwick said...

sorry to hear you were low - sending good vibes your way.
lx

Lane said...

I will never use the term 'embed' inappropriately again Cap'n. Promise.

These master-classes are excellent and much better explained than any I've trawled through on the net, trying to learn this and that. Thank you.

Hope you're feeling much better now and have fun on Thursday.

ChrisH said...

I hope you're well and truly on the mend now. Your classes have been brilliant - I can actually understand some of the stuff that used to be a string of gibberish, so I'm very grateful to you for taking the time to explain it

Debs said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been well, but glad that you're feeling a bit better.

Thanks for the info, very useful.

Have a great time at the WAW meeting on Thursday.

Gonna be a writer said...

Gald you're on the mend Captain.
No I have never been able to conatct a person at the CAB.
Hope you're enjoying the Wannabe a Writer meeting which is going on as I type.

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Very information post, one I shall save in my bookmarks.

Hoping you are feeling better by now.

CJ xx

Captain Black said...

Liz: Thank you. I think they're working.

Lane: I'm not sure you were a culprit anyway, but you wouldn't want to annoy Giles. Master classes? I wouldn't call them that. Just trying to pick on the most common things that people seem to want/need to know.

ChrisH: I'm fine now, thanks. I'm glad you find these tips useful.

Debs: Thanks for the well wishes. See you at Caerleon!

Gonna B: The WaW meeting was great fun and so was the talk with Victoria Connelly and Judy Astley, later that evening.

CJ: Yes, I'm feeling much better now, thanks.