Pages

Friday, 3 April 2009

Milestones

A few of you writerly lot have already reached some milestones this year. Not wanting to be out-done by this, I've decided to blog about a couple of my own.

First Draft of Insight Completed

Jason and I have now finished our first complete draft of Insight. It's a novel weighing in at just over 125,000 words! It's taken us more than sixteen months to write it.

We now have ten trusted readers who are going to be helping us with another stage of feedback. Thanks in advance to all those who are participating. Then the real hard work will begin...

End of Day Zero

The latest episode of Asteroid is going to be the last one for a while. As I explained in an earlier post, there'll be a hiatus while I concentrate on other writing projects.

Spectrum marks the end of Day Zero in the story. At a rough guess, I'd say the story is no more than half completed. Possibly less if I decide to make it into a full novel-length piece. I quite like the idea of keeping it episodic though. What do you think? There's going to at least be a Day One, and possibly more.

Other Stuff

If you've ever wondered about the etiquette of blog commenting, then have a look and a listen to this. Thanks to Victoria Strauss for the link.

I'm going to take a break from cyberspace, while I go up to Scotland for Easter. See you all when I return.

6 comments:

SpiralSkies said...

Wow, sixteen months is a long time to watch your baby develop - you must be so chuffed!

How can you possibly leave us for Scotland? Shall I come with you to carry your pens?

HelenMHunt said...

Yey! That's an amazing achievement. You must be really pleased.

liz fenwick said...

Well done!!! Have a fabulous holiday.
lx

motherx said...

Congratulations on your book! Hope you get it snapped up!
Have fun in Scotland and Happy Easter:)

Annieye said...

I hope you had a nice relaxing Easter, Kev. I still don't get the significance of the numbers. My logic is as under-developed as my youngest son's! The 'Mum is a Virgin' comment is a private joke between my three kids.

If the meet up is arranged for the end of April I forgot to put on the Wanna Meet Up blog that Wed 29th is out too, because it's full Council.

Congrats on a 125k word novel. You've done brilliantly and I can't wait to read the rest of Insight when it's published.

Captain Black said...

Spiral: I'm hoping that this year will be a year of multiple births. And never fear, I'm back now.

Helen: Yes, I think we're very pleased, though there's a lot of work to do before we can submit the thing anywhere.

Liz: Thanks, I had a great time and some great weather. Remarkable for Scotland.

MotherX: Thanks, I hope you had a good Easter too. I think our novel is a bit too "out there" to get snapped up, but you never know...

Annie: I had a fun and active Easter, so not all that relaxing! A further clue is "numbers for letters". I've noted the dates you've given me. I'll try to get something organised soon. I think publication of Insight is some way off yet. Lots of work to do before then.