Pages

Tuesday, 19 August 2008

Who Wants to Read a Story?

I've got an idea to force me to blog a bit more often that I've done so far (sorry). Hopefully this would accelerate one of my projects and encourage me to blog at least once a week. Having said that, I'm going to be taking a break in a week or two, for three weeks. I'm off on my holidays to Canada, so there'll be no chat room, Novel Racers, nor blogging for me during that time.

So what have I been up to recently? Well, apart from doing battle with my eight writing projects, including trying to get Insight ready for our first readers (gulp), not a lot really. A couple of weeks ago I went to the annual Writers' Holiday at Caerleon. It was my first time, and I have to say it was brilliant! I can highly recommend it. I certainly hope to go back there next year.

Anyway, on to the idea. It's very simple really: I'm thinking of telling you all a story. Some of you may already be familiar with the beginnings of this story, as the first two instalments are on the Cloud Line blog. I intend to stop posting it there, as I have a better idea for Cloud Line that will hopefully extend our writing capabilities. More on that later.

The story is called Asteroid, although that's pretty much a working title at the moment. The first instalment can be read here. Just look to your right. This piece was also posted on Jo's Weekly Workout, and got some nice comments from her. Thank you Jo, if you're reading this.

I've had quite a quiet week last week, writing-wise. Weekly word count was only 728. Mind you, that was somewhat affected by a large negative score on one project. Yep, that's right, I wrote a negative number of words for Insight. How is this possible? The answer is editing, of course! 192 words got the chop on Thursday.

So, do let me know if you'd be interested in reading Asteroid on a (roughly) weekly basis. Don't worry, I don't expect free critique from my blog readers, though if you want to comment, then please feel free.

3 comments:

HelenMH said...

Yes, you must keep posting this. I want to read more. (By the way, I've just been reading your side-bar and you're so wrong! Marmite: NO, Lime Pickle: NO, Mushy Peas: YES! That's just the way it is I'm afraid :) )

Lane said...

I liked it first time time round on C.Line and I like it even more now.

You've been pimping up your blog. Very nice:-)

Captain Black said...

More Asteroid coming in future posts...

Lane: I'm using the "stretch denim" template, which gives you a bit more horizontal real estate on screen than some of the other blogger templates.

Helen: That's fighting talk! Mushy peas are just wrong.