Pages

Monday, 25 August 2008

What Happened to Scribecraft?

This will be my last posting for a while. I'm going on holiday to Canada for three weeks. Yippeee!

Some of you may remember the Scribecraft series I started back in April. You may be wondering what's happened to it. Well, the short answer is that it's been shelved for the time being. I've come to realise that the publishing industry is very complicated and often non-deterministic in nature. Everyone works in a huge variety of different ways; there is no "magic formula" to successful writing.

I still stand by most of the techniques I started describing in Scribecraft, but I don't think it's worth my time to continue the series. I hope that hasn't disappointed anyone too much. Perhaps one day I'll revive it.

Now it's time to do my packing (5 minutes) and the household chores (5 hours) before I relax and go to one more pub quiz this evening, before jetting off to Vancouver tomorrow.

Well, perhaps just a quick bit of surfing and blogging before that.

Word count for last week was a meagre 1,703. Oh well, better than nothing, I suppose.

See you all in three weeks.

2 comments:

Lane said...

Aah groaning pants!
Great story.

Have a fab time Captain. Be good. Have fun:-)

HelenMH said...

OOh loving this ... have a great holiday and let us read more when you get back!