Pages

Sunday, 31 August 2008

I'm Not Really Here

Hello readers, I'm actually speaking to you from the past, not the present. I posted this before I left for Canada, you see. By the magic of scheduled posting on blogger, this should now have appeared. Feel free to leave comments anyway, and I'll read them when I get back in a couple of weeks.

The story segment from Asteroid, below, is the last instalment that has already been posted on Cloud Line. All subsequent segments will appear on this blog. It will all be new stuff from now on.

When I get back, I'm going to have a go at submitting a short story. Probably to some magazines. This is something I should have done a long time ago, as I have a finished story ready to go.

Does anyone have any tips on how to research target editors and/or agents? I've got the various books such as WAYB and WMUK for 2008, but I don't really know where to begin. Any help on this will be appreciated.

Right, I'd better go now. My past self has more packing to do. I'm sure my present and future selves will have plenty of Canadian beer to drink.

Take care, friends.

4 comments:

HelenMH said...

Soooooo impressed with your ability to post when you're not even here! Hope you're having a great holiday.

For your short story it depends what type of story and what type of market you're looking for, but Duotrope.com is quite a good on-line resource which gives details of magazines, anthologies etc that are accepting work. You can search for suitable markets by length, genre etc.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Researching editors/agents: the Handbook and Yearbook are a good place to start, then it helps to do lots of Internet research to find out as much as you can about their clients, interests, activities etc. Some editors and agents have very little presence on the Web but others have a lot.

motherx said...

Have a lovely holiday! You are very talented so Im sure it wont be long before you are published.x

Captain Black said...

Helen & Zinnia: Thanks for the submission tips.

Mother X: Thanks, I had a great holiday - see later posts. Also thanks for the vote of confidence.