Pages

Monday, 23 June 2008

Does Anyone Have Any Spare Legs?

My legs have run 42 km in the last three days. Now they are refusing to obey instructions from my brain. At one point I got very muddy after nearly sliding on my backside. Must have looked a bit like Bambi on the ice. Then I got rained on, almost struck by lightning, then sunburnt. It was all good fun though. Now I'm going to take a bit of a rest from running and (hopefully) concentrate on writing a bit more.

It seems to be the barbecue season at the moment. I've got another one coming up this weekend, and that will make three in a row! I make it Pimms O'clock.

9 comments:

Lane said...

Dangerous pursuit, this running thing!

So that's why you weren't on the chat. You were Pimming it up! Or maybe running:-)

Denise said...

Ouch!

So what you're saying is that it's Pimms o'clock and you're already legless? Not a good start!

Annieye said...

Here's a techie equation for you:
2 Pimms + 42 running = 0 writing.

My son-in-law is doing a 6 mile run in London the weekend after next.

motherx said...

Hopefully running will get you in mood to write! too many pimms and you wont do any writing at all!! x

SpiralSkies said...

Pimms and bbq sounds a perfect cure for worn out leggies. At least you'll have a good excuse for toppling over if you accidentally have too much fun.

HelenMH said...

Mmmm, that all sounds like great fun!

Gonna be a writer said...

Can't say that I hold with this running nonsense myself but well done you.

Fiona said...

Running. Now you see that's what I should be doing with the dogs instead of dilly dallying along. I might lose some weight then.

I wish we could record the sunday chats and then you would understand the strange email package I sent you!
Sorry, should have warned you.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

As long as you don't barbecue your legs...