Pages

Thursday, 31 January 2008

Meme: Six Things About Me

Right, I've been tagged for this meme by more than one person, so here we go...

  1. When I write certain letters and numbers, I do them the "other way round" to most people. For example, to write the number '9' I start at the bottom and do an anti-clockwise loop. For the letter 'S' I also start at the bottom and finish at the top.
  2. I like fruit flavoured yoghurt but I dislike plain or "natural" yoghurt.
  3. I can state the value of pi to twenty decimal places, from memory. Also, I've memorised several other mathematical constants, though not to the same accuracy. I know all the powers of two up to 65,536 off by heart.
  4. I once did a 30 m bungee jump for charity. I've even got the video to prove it.
  5. Since February 2007, I've written over 93,000 words. Probably enough for a novel. It's just a pity those words are divided between eight different projects.
  6. Also since February 2007, I've lost 17 kg in weight. This was mostly achieved by running over 650 km.

I'm not going to tag anyone else, since you've all probably done this anyway.

11 comments:

Annieye said...

Oh my word, Kev!

Are you left-handed? I've noticed that quite a few lefties write certain letters/numbers from the bottom up. Pi to twenty decimal places? Impressive. I can only just about remember my mobile number.

You are really brave to do a bungee jump and well done for writing 93,000 words and losing all that weight! I think I need to go out running - but the thing is it'll have to be at about three in the morning so I can't frighten anyone!

SpiralSkies said...

Gosh, you sound most dynamic indeed. All those numbers, rising and falling all over the place. "tis enough to make a girl giddy.

And Happy Belated Birthday.

motherx said...

It was really great to meet you yesterday! Im on facebook too, so Id love to add you.

Captain Black said...

Annie: No, I'm right handed. I can never remember my own telephone numbers.

Spiral: Thanks. I'm older and wiser now (cough-bullsh**).

MotherX: Likewise. See you on facebook, now were friends.

Lane said...

Wow that's a lot of words!

The numbers thing? You've lost me but it sounds tres clever!

I'm with you on plain yoghurt.
x

Lane said...

There's an award for you at mine Captain:-)

hesitant scribe said...

Just popped in to say hello, and am rather fascinated by your 6 things.
1. See - you are creative, which is good for writing.
2. I like all yoghurt but don't eat enough of it. Have you tried the biopot peach stuff with grainy bit? Yum.
3. Now you're just showing off.
4. Mad mad mad. Like my husband. I one sat in a car-park watching people bungee jump wishing I could, but very much couldn't!
5. Good going.
6. Even better going!!!

Casdok said...

A very impressive list!
Ive also done a bungee jump. But never again!!

KAREN CLARKE said...

I'm not sure I could bungee jump, even if my life depended on it, so I'm very impressed - also by your word count!

I've probably achieved a similar amount commenting on people's blogs :o)

motherx said...

Wow! you have written so much! cant believe it! how do you manage to concentrate on so many different things? I read some of your short stories and think they are brilliant!
btw, Ive never done a bungee jump, my sister has though in Australia. She had to be drunk to do it! and she wore an unfortunate choice of clothing!

motherx said...

Loved your poem Tormato aswell. Very funny!