Pages

Tuesday, 18 December 2007

A Not So Short Story

...Or so I once thought. After some pondering, and some useful feedback from the members of Amateur Fiction Writing on facebook, I realised that the story lacked a proper ending. In fact, it was only really a beginning...

Now, some six months later, I've written 11 chapters out of an estimated 23. The word count is 22,461 out of an estimated 47,000.

So today I decided that it's no longer to be categorised as a short story, but as a novel. That's right, I'm officially writing another novel. Gulp.

6 comments:

Lane said...

What a great way for a novel to evolve. Facebook has its merits then:-)

Annieye said...

Well done - keep going with it.

Fiona said...

What a fab way to write a novel - can't wait to read it.

Have a very happy Christmas Captain - I see we share a fondness for cocktails:-)

Annieye said...

Happy Christmas Kev

Annie
x

Mercedes. said...

Well done you. At least you have a huge chunk of your novel already down on paper. Next comes the tricky bit.

About wearing the wellies. You could be right. Perhaps I should wear more than just them. thought I was getting funny looks in the woods! x

Lane said...

Happy New Year Captain. May all your endings be good ones:-)