Pages

Wednesday, 21 November 2007

From Marigold Foot to a Blown-up Island

Captain's blog. Stardate 2111.7 Last week I was housebound for a large amount of the time. This was due to an unexplained swelling of my right ankle, which got so painful that even getting from the lounge to the kitchen was a major expedition, taking up to a full five minutes to cover the mere ten metres involved in the journey. This has happened to me in the past but never quite this bad, and never for such a long period of time. The GP was about as much use as a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest. On Monday, my foot looked like a washing-up glove that had been over inflated everywhere except the fingers (or toes in this case). Today I'm happy to say that my foot has deflated (hope it wasn't a puncture) and I'm walking about again, preparing things for my eighteen day holiday in Lanzarote. This means I'll be taking a break from writing and related things while I sip a few cold ones by the pool. Having said that, I'm sure my friends will soon get fed up with me muttering things like 'I can use that' during our conversations. I hope to come back refreshed, recharged and ready to steam ahead with my works-in-progress. That is, if I'll be able to remember what I was writing about. In the mean time, good luck with all your writing and with everything else.

3 comments:

Annieye said...

I hate it when my feet hurt, but I hate it even more when they are cold and so does my other half coz I usually warm them on him.

Have a great holiday and I hope your ankle is fully recovered in time.

Debs said...

Have only just found your blog and you're going on holiday. Have a great time and I hope your ankle gets better in time for your trip.

Lane said...

Have a wonderful holiday Mr B and watch that ankle after a few beers:-)